Paccheri with seafood
5min prep time
20min cook time
- 4 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 chopped anchovy filets
- Crushed chili flakes
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 450 g Bay scallops
- 2 cups of Stefano Marinara sauce
- 450 g shrimps 13/15 or 21/25, cleaned and deveined
- 1 cup dry white wine (Chardonnay, Pinot Grigio, Sauvignon Blanc)
- 450 g paccheri (or rigatoni)
- 1 cup fresh basil (to garnish)
- 1 cup flat-leaf parsley (to garnish)
- 2 cups day-old bread for pangrattato (to garnish)
- In a large sauce pan, heat olive oil, anchovies, chili flakes, pinch of salt and pepper on medium-high heat.
- In a pan, heat some olive oil and cook scallops, about 1 to 2 minutes per side. Center of scallops should be slightly translucent. Set aside.
- During this time, in a large pot, bring to a boil salted water for pasta.
- Add the sauce to the anchovies. Then add shrimps and white wine.
- Cook pasta. Save a cup of the cooking water to add to the sauce as needed.
- Drain pasta when it is very al dente, as it will continue to cook in the seafood sauce for a few minutes.
- Add the pasta to the sauce, along with the scallops. Stir together on medium heat. Add basil and parsley. Remove from heat and drizzle with extra virgin olive oil, to taste. Garnish each portion with a tablespoon of pangrattato.
- With a food processor, make breadcrumbs out of the bread. In a pan, on medium-high heat, toss the breadcrumbs with a bit of olive oil, until lightly golden. Remove from heat and let cool on paper towel before seasoning with salt and pepper.