Merluzzo with olives
10min prep time
15-20min cook time
- 4 x 200 g fresh cod fillets
- 500 ml of Stefano Marinara sauce
- 80 g of sliced and pitted green olives
- 50 g of capers
- 60 ml of olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed and unpeeled
- 1 chili flakes
- 2 tbsp chopped parsley
- Heat the olive oil in a sauté pan.
- Add garlic and chili and cook for 1 to 2 minutes, until golden.
- Add the fish fillets and brown for about 1 minute on each side.
- Add the tomato sauce, olives and capers. Salt to taste.
- Allow the sauce to reduce without moving the fish in the frying pan. While cooking, it is best to brush the sauce on the fish instead of turning the fillets over again.
- Cook about 10-15 minutes and add the parsley at the end.