Zucchini and Ricotta fritters
20min prep time
5min cook time
- 2 medium-sized zucchinis, shredded
- 1 garlic clove, finely grated
- 1 scallion, thinly sliced
- 60 ml (¼ cup) Italian parsley, chopped
- 60 ml (¼ cup) chives, finely chopped
- 45 ml (3 tbsp), mint leaves, chopped
- 125 ml (½ cup) ricotta cheese
- 125 ml (½ cup) parmesan cheese
- 1 large egg
- 30 ml (2 tsp) lemon zest, finely grated
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 180 ml (¾ cup) all-purpose flour
- Stefano extra-virgin olive oil, for frying
- Lemon wedges, for serving
- In a large bowl, combine the zucchini, garlic, scallion, herbs, ricotta, egg, and lemon zest. Salt and pepper to taste. Mix to combine well.
- Add the flour and combine well.
- Heat the olive oil in a large frying pan. Working in batches, add 2 tablespoons of the zucchini batter to the hot olive oil. Press evenly to form 2- to 3-inch fritters..
- Fry over medium-high heat, until golden brown and crispy, 3 to 5 minutes. Drain the fritters on paper towels, season to taste with salt, and serve with lemon wedges.