15min prep time
2Hmin cook time
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 medium onion sliced thin
- 1.2-1.5 kg stewing veal cubed in 1 inch pieces
- 2 tbp olive oil
- 2 cups white wine
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 bay leaf
- 3-4 sprigs fresh thyme
- salt and pepper to taste
- Potatoes 2 pounds mixed baby fingerling
- 2 carrots sliced
- 1 648ml jar of Stefano tomato basil sauce
- 5/6 Brussels sprouts ( put into leaves ) just for finishing
- Preheat oven at 325F.
- On medium-high heat, heat 1 tablespoon of olive oil in a medium pot. Add sliced onions and cook until onions begin to soften. Stir occasionally for approximately 10 minutes.
- While onions are cooking, cut cube veal into 1 inch pieces. Remove cooked onions from pot and place in a bowl .
- Add 2 tablespoons of olive oil in pot. Heat for one minute. Add cubed veal pieces and brown evenly. Add the white wine while scraping the bottom of the pot. Add chicken broth, the jar of Stefano tomato basil sauce, bay leaf, thyme, salt, pepper and cooked onions. Cover and transfer in the oven for 1h30 minutes.
- Add potatoes, sliced carrots and cook for another 20 minutes or until tender .
- Toss brussel sprout leaves in olive oil and sear in hot pan until chard. Salt and pepper to taste . Serve family style and top with Brussels sprouts.