Tuscan sausage and beans
10min prep time
20min cook time
- Drain and rinse the canned beans.
- In a large pot, heat 2 tbsp of olive oil (medium heat). Add garlic and chopped sage. Cook for 4 minutes.
- Add beans and sauce to the pot. Salt and pepper, to taste. Simmer, covered, for 10 minutes on low heat.
- Cook sausages as per the cooking instructions on the package (in the oven or on the grill).
- For garnish: in a small skillet, over medium-high heat, fry the individual sage leaves in ¼ cup olive oil, until crisp. With a slotted spoon, remove and drain the sage on paper towels. Set aside.
- Serve on a large platter, place the cooked beans and top with sliced sausages and fried sage leaves.
Side note: if using dried white beans, please follow the instructions below before going to step 1 in above preparation.
In a large pot, soak 150gr of dried white beans in enough cold water to cover by 5cm for at least 8 hours or overnight.
Drain beans and return to the pot with cold water to cover by 5 cm. Simmer beans, covered, until cooked, about 1 hour. Then proceed to step 1.