20min prep time
10min cook time
- 500 ml prepared espresso coffee
- 150 ml sambuca (optional)
- 5 eggs
- 7 tbsps sugar
- 500 ml mascarpone cheese
- 1 box Savoiardi or Pavesini cookies
- cacao powder
- Mix espresso and sambuca together and let cool.
- Separate egg yolks and egg whites in two bowls.
- Beat yolks with the sugar until the mixture is a light yellow.
- Incorporate the mascarpone to the yolks and mix well.
- Whip the egg whites until soft peaks form.
- Gently mix the meringue in the mascarpone.
- Dip cookies, one-at-a-time, into the coffee mixture. Line them in a row on the bottom of a lasagna dish.
- Spread half the mascarpone mixture over the layer of cookies.
- Sprinkle with cacao.
- Repeat with another layer of soaked cookies. Cover with the rest of the mascarpone and dusting of cacao powder.
- Refrigerate 12-24 hours before serving.