12h-24hmin prep time
- 5 eggs
- 5 tbsp sugar
- 500 grams of mascarpone cheese
- 1 traditional Stefano panettone, sliced into 2 cm pieces (Stefano chocolate panettone may also be used)
- ½ cup espresso coffee (roughly)
- ½ cup of marsala liquor (roughly)
- cocoa powder, as needed
- Separate egg whites from yolks.
- Whisk egg whites in a ceramic bowl until stiff peaks form.
- In a separate bowl, whisk egg yolks and sugar thoroughly until combined.
- Add mascarpone and continue to whisk.
- Gently fold in the eggs whites with a metal spoon.
- Lay panettone slices in a single layer into a large bowl.
- Combine coffee and Marsala in a small bowl, and brush over panettone to dampen each slice.
- Cover panettone with a generous layer of the cream mixture.
- Repeat a layer of panettone, coffee mix, and cream mix a further two times.
- Dust with cocoa powder, cover well and refrigerate over night.
- Serve cold.