Timballo alla Stefano
25min prep time
50min cook time
- Preheat the oven to 350F.
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil for the pasta. Salt the water and cook the pasta according to the instructions on the package.
- In a large saucepan, heat the 2 jars of sauce over medium heat. Once heated, reserve 1 cup of sauce in a separate bowl.
- Add the drained pasta to the saucepan, toss well to coat and remove from heat. Add ½ cup of parmesan cheese and the shredded mozzarella and toss to coat evenly.
- In a 9” non-stick springform pan, using tongs, place half of the pasta in the bottom of the pan.
- Spread ½ cup of reserved tomato sauce over the pasta.
- In a medium frying pan, over medium-high heat, crumble the sausage and cook until golden brown. Drain sausage.
- To the springform pan, add the hand torn mozzarella and follow with peas and sausage.
- Press down slightly to pack. Top with the remaining pasta, the ½ cup of tomato sauce and 1 cup of parmesan cheese.
- Place on a baking sheet and bake until golden brown, 50 to 60 minutes. Allow the timballo to rest for 30 minutes before unmolding.