Thai coconut tomato soup
15min prep time
20min cook time
- 1 648ml jar of Stefano Marinara sauce
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 large onion chopped
- 2.5 cm fresh ginger peeled and chopped
- 2 garlic cloves chopped
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 red chilies seeded and finely chopped
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1tsp ground turmeric
- 400ml ( 1 can ) of coconut milk
- Coriander leaves
- flaked toasted coconut
- plain yogurt
- Heat the oil in a medium saucepan and add the onion, ginger and garlic. Add a pinch of salt and some pepper and sweat for 4-5 mins until the onion begins to soften. Add the chillies, turmeric and cumin and cook for another 3-4 mins.
- Add the Stefano brand marinara sauce .
- Pour in the coconut milk and use the can to measure out an equal amount of water. Add this to the pan and bring to a simmer. Cook gently for about 15-20 minutes.
- Season well to taste with salt and black pepper. If you prefer a thinner soup, dilute it with some boiling water and adjust the seasoning.
- Ladle into warm bowls and garnish with coriander leaves and toasted flaked coconut.
- Dollop of plain yogurt. Serve immediately.