spaghetti with fennel and olives
15min prep time
20min cook time
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 1 large fennel bulb, thinly sliced
- 4 anchovies
- 2 cloves of garlic, finely chopped
- 2 pinches of chili flakes
- 1/4 cup of white wine
- 1/2 cup of black olives, pitted
- 454gr of Stefano spaghetti
- 1 handful of flat leaf parsley, chopped
- 10 basil leaves, chopped
- Zest of half an orange
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- In a large frying pan, heat olive oil over medium and sauté fennel until translucent. Add the anchovies, garlic and chili flakes and cook for another 3-4 minutes.
- Add white wine and reduce by about a quarter before adding the pitted olives.
- In the meantime, cook the pasta in boiling salted water, according to the instruction on package. Before draining, reserve about 1 cup of the starchy pasta cooking water.
- Add the drained pasta, the fresh herbs, orange zest and some of the starchy water to the frying pan. Toss together well. Garnish with fennel fronds and serve.