10min prep time
20min cook time
- 90ml (6tbsp) olive oil
- 60ml (4tbsp) garlic, thinly sliced
- 4-5 filets, finely chopped approx 2tbsp (10ml) anchovies
- 85ml (1/3 cup) mixed pitted olives
- 60ml (¼ cup) capers
- 10ml (2tsp) chili flakes
- 500ml (2 cups) Stefano marinara sauce
- 1 pack (454g) Stefano spaghetti
- 45ml (3tbsp) finely chopped Italian parsley
- 45ml (3tbsp) grated Pecorino Romano
- Salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil for the pasta. Salt the water and cook the pasta according to the instructions on the package. Before draining, reserve about 1/2 cup of the starchy pasta cooking water.
- Meanwhile, heat a large frying pan over medium heat and add olive oil, garlic, anchovies, olives, capers and chili flakes. Cook for 5-6 minutes, stirring occasionally, until the garlic is golden and aromatic.
- Add marinara sauce, stir well and bring to a simmer. Cook for another 5-6 minutes, season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Add cooked pasta to sauce in frying pan and toss vigorously with tongs to coat. Add some reserved pasta cooking water if the sauce is too dry. Turn off heat and add chopped parsley and freshly grated cheese.
- Plate and garnish with more freshly grated cheese if desired.