spaghetti alla crudaiola
10min prep time
20min cook time
- 454g of Stefano spaghetti pasta
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 15-20 cherry tomatoes, half cut in half and half left whole
- 3-5 basil leaves, finely sliced
- 1 garlic clove, finely minced
- Ricotta salata cheese, to garnish
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Cook pasta in boiling salted water, according to instruction on package.
- In a frying pan, heat olive oil and lightly sear cherry tomatoes, 2-3 minutes, until skins burst, over medium heat.
- Remove from heat, add pasta and the remaining ingredients to the pan, except for the ricotta salata. Salt and pepper to taste. Combine well.
- To serve: on a large dish, serve the spaghetti topped with freshly grated ricotta salata.
- Tip: You can substitute the ricotta salata with grated parmesan.