Spaghetti aglio e olio
10min prep time
20min cook time
- 454 g (1 pack) Stefano spaghetti
- 80 ml (⅓ cup) Stefano extra-virgin olive oil
- 6 garlic cloves, cut into thin slivers
- 3 ml (½ tsp) chili flakes
- 125 ml (½ cup) fresh Italian parsley, chopped
- 125 ml (½ cup) Parmesan cheese, freshly grated
- Salt, to taste
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil for the pasta.
- Salt the water and cook the pasta according to the instructions on the package.
- While the pasta is cooking, heat the olive oil in a large frying pan over medium-low heat. Add the garlic and cook for 2 minutes or until it the garlic begins to turn golden. Salt to taste.
- Add the chili flakes and cook for 30 seconds.
- Before draining the pasta, reserve ½ cup of the starchy cooking water. Drain the pasta.
- Add the reserved pasta cooking water to the garlic and oil. Simmer gently for 2–-3 minutes.
- Add the drained pasta to the sauce.
- Remove the frying pan from the heat and add the parsley and cheese. Toss well.
- Serve and enjoy!