Sautéed asparagus with eggs
Enjoy a glass of my Catarratto with this recipe
10min prep time
15min cook time
- 1 lb asparagus, stems peeled
- 75 ml (5 tbsps)Stefano extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tbsps butter
- 4 eggs
- 16 shavings of parmesan
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Blanch the asparagus in boiling salted water for 30 seconds. Remove and pat dry.
- In a frying pan, heat 1 tbsp of olive oil and 1 tbsp of butter. Sautée the asparagus until lightly charred.
- In another frying pan, heat the olive oil and butter. Crack in eggs one-at-a-time and cook until the whites are firm and yolks are still runny.
- Place the sautéed asparagus on 4 plates, in even portions.
- Using a spatula, place one egg on top of the asparagus, by plate.
- Garnish with the parmesan shavings and some melted butter.
- Season with salt and pepper. Serve warm with grilled bread.