Ricotta Spinach Calzone
15min prep time
20min cook time
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 cups spinach
- ¾ cup ricotta cheese
- 2 tbsps Parmesan cheese, grated
- Pinch nutmeg
- 250g pizza dough
- Olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Sea salt
- In a large frying pan, heat olive oil and sauté spinach until cooked down. Season with salt and pepper. Let cool.
- Preheat oven to 475 degrees.
- Using your hands, squeeze as much liquid as possible out of the spinach and give it a good chop.
- In a bowl, combine spinach, ricotta, parmesan and nutmeg.
- Place pizza dough on a lightly floured surface and, using a rolling pin or your hands, flatten it out into a 12inch circle and place it on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Spread the ricotta filling onto half the pizza dough, making sure to leave a 1inch border around the edge.
- Fold the other half of the dough over the spinach mixture. Press edges of dough together and pinch with fingers to seal.
- With a sharp knife, cut 3 steam vents in top of calzone and brush lightly with olive oil.
- Sprinkle with sea salt and bake on the middle oven rack for 15 minutes or until golden brown.
- Place on wire rack and let cool 5 min before serving.