Ricotta gnocchi with tomato sauce
20min prep time
5min cook time
- 680 g ricotta
- 3/4 cup freshly grated Parmesan
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1/2 tsp freshly grated nutmeg
- 2/3 to 3/4 cup flour (add as needed)
- 450 ml Stefano Tomato Basil sauce
- In a bowl, mix all the ingredients together (except the sauce) until a pie dough consistency is achieved. Let dough rest in refrigerator for 24 hours.
- Roll out dough into thin cylinders and cut into bite-size pieces using a knife. Place gnocchi onto a floured baking sheet.
- Cook in a pot with boiling, salted water for 2 to 3 minutes or until the gnocchi float to the surface.
- During this time, in a small saucepan, heat the sauce and add the grated nutmeg.
- In a serving bowl, mix together the heated sauce and cooked gnocchi.
- Serve with a drizzle of olive oil, sprinkle of basil and grating of Parmesan cheese.