15min prep time
20min cook time
- 4 tsp olive oil
- 2 lbs mixed fresh mushrooms white, brown, cremini, oyster, portobello
- 1 medium onion chopped
- 2 garlic cloves chopped
- 1 1/2 cup arborio rice
- 1 cup green lentils
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 2 cups homemade vegetable stock or canned low-sodium broth
- 1 648ml jar of Stefano Primavera sauce
- Salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
- Coarsely chop the mushrooms. Set aside until needed. Add 2 tablespoons of olive oil to the pot and heat. Saute the fresh mushrooms at medium-high heat until nicely browned, about 10 minutes. Remove the mushrooms and set aside.
- Add the remaining 2 Tbs of olive oil to the pot over medium heat. Add the chopped onion and garlic and cook until softened, about 3 minutes. Add the rice and stir until coated with the oil, about 1 minute.
- Add the white wine and cook until it is absorbed. Scrape the sides to get all the mushroom bits into the liquid.
- Add green lentils and the 2 cups of liquid plus the Stefano primavera sauce. Increase the heat and bring to a slight simmer. Cook for 18/20 minutes.
- Remove from the heat and stir in the sauteed mushrooms. Adjust the salt and pepper as needed. Serve immediately on heated plates dress the risotto with your favourite extra virgin olive oil . This dish is vegan, if not Vegan you can definitely finish with butter and parmesan cheese