Gnocchi with roasted cauliflower and Rosée
90min prep time
15min cook time
- 2 lb baking potatoes (about 4)
- 2 large egg yolks
- 1/2 cup All-Purpose flour, plus more for dusting
- 2 lbs cauliflower
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- Chili flakes
- 1 648ml jar of Stefano Rosée sauce
- Freshly grated parmesan
- Preheat the oven to 400°. Pierce the potatoes all over with a fork.
- Bake in a microwave oven at high power for 10 minutes, then flip the potatoes and microwave for 5 minutes longer.
- Transfer the potatoes to a sheet pan and transfer to the oven. Bake for 15 minutes. (Alternatively, bake the potatoes in the oven for about 1 hour, until tender).
- Halve the potatoes. Scoop the flesh into a ricer and rice the potatoes.
- Transfer 2 slightly packed cups of riced potatoes to a bowl. Stir in the egg yolks and 1 teaspoon of salt.
- Add the 1/2 cup of flour; stir until a stiff dough forms. Knead the dough gently until smooth but slightly sticky.
- Line a baking sheet with wax paper and dust with flour.
- On a floured surface, cut the dough into 4 pieces, rolling each into a 3/4-inch-thick rope.
- Cut the ropes into 3/4-inch pieces. Roll each piece against the tines of a fork to make ridges. Transfer to the baking sheet.
For roasted cauliflower
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- Trim head of cauliflower and cut into bite-sized florets. Wash and dry cauliflower well. Put in a big bowl.
- Drizzle with olive oil then sprinkle with salt, pepper, and chili (adjust seasoning to taste).
- Toss cauliflower until seasonings are well distributed.
- Pour into a greased baking pan and bake for 20- 25 minutes, stirring once or twice. Cauliflower should be a dark, golden brown when baking is completed.
- Remove from oven and set aside.
- In salted boiling water, cook the potato gnocchi. Once they begin to float, drain.
- As the gnocchi cook, bring 1 jar of Stefano Faita Rosée sauce to a simmer.
- Once the gnocchi and sauce are ready, add the gnocchi to the sauce and simmer together for 2 minutes.
- Serve individually or family style on a platter and top with roasted cauliflower and freshly grated parmesan.