2hmin prep time
15-20min cook time
- 1 cup hot water (not boiling)
- 2 1/4 tsp dry active yeast (1 pouch)
- 1/4 tbsp honey
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour, extra for work surface
- 1/2 cup olive oil, extra for cooking tray
- 1 tbsp salt
- 1 430ml jar of Stefano pizza sauce
- In a large bowl, combine warm water, yeast and honey, stir a few times and let rest for 5 minutes. Add 1 cup flour and ¼ cup olive oil. Mix again 3-4 times to combine well. Let rest again for 5 minutes.
- While stirring, incorporate the rest of the flour and salt. Once the dough is well mixed, transfer it to a floured work surface and knead 10 to 15 times, or until the dough has a smooth texture.
- Transfer the dough to an oiled bowl and cover with a damp dish cloth. Let the dough rise for 1 hour, preferably in a warm part of the kitchen.
- After the hour, preheat the oven to 450 °. Oil a 9×13 sheet pan with sides, using half of the leftover oil.
- Transfer the dough to the sheet pan and spread it out until it is ½ inch thick. Using your fingers, nudge little holes here-and-there in the dough and drizzle with the remaining oil. Let dough rest another 20 minutes, time for it to rise lightly.
- Cover the dough with a jar of Stefano Faita pizza sauce and spread it evenly, before placing the pan in the oven.
- Bake in the oven for 15 to 20 minutes, until the edges are golden brown. Transfer the cooked pizza to a cooling rack and let rest before serving.