Piedmontaise pasta salad
15min prep time
15min cook time
- 454g of Stefano macaroni
- 2 hard-boiled eggs, quartered
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- ½ cup green peas, cooked
- 1 shallot, chopped
- ½ cup diced pickle
- 2 tbsp mayonnaise
- Juice from ½ a lemon
- 100g pancetta, diced
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Cook pasta in boiling salted water, according to instruction on package. Drain and lightly oil. Let cool.
- In a large frying pan, heat olive oil and cook pancetta until cubes are golden and crispy. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine pasta, cherry tomatoes, shallot, pickles, green peas, pancetta and eggs. Add mayonnaise, lemon juice, salt and pepper. Mix until well combined.
- Refrigerate for an hour before serving. Adjust salt and pepper to taste.