Peperonata with sausages
15min prep time
35min cook time
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 medium onion, minced
- 2 garlic cloves, finely minced
- 3 bell peppers of different colors (red, yellow, orange), seeds removed and cut into strips
- 1 ½ tsp dried oregano
- 3/4 tsp salt
- Black pepper
- Chili flakes
- 1 430ml jar of Stefano pizza sauce
- 4 Stefano classic Italian sausages, casings removed and crumbled
- 3 tbsp fresh basil (optional)
- In a non-stick frying pan, heat olive oil over medium heat.
- Add onion and garlic. Cook while stirring regularly to avoid browning the onion and garlic.
- Add bell peppers, oregano, salt, pepper and chili flakes, cook for 15 minutes over low heat, partially covered and stirring regularly.
- Add the jar of Stefano pizza sauce and the crumbled sausage. Cook over medium low heat, for 10-12 minutes stirring occasionally.
- Remove from heat and add basil. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- For maximum flavour, let rest 5 minutes before serving.
- Keep in refrigerator.