Penne with shrimp and basil pesto
15min prep time
20min cook time
- 454gr Stefano penne
- ¼ cup of olive oil
- 1 shallot, finely chopped
- 2 cloves of garlic, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup of white wine
- 2 cups of baby kale
- 340gr fresh shrimp, peeled and deveined
- ½ cup of basil pesto
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Cook pasta in boiling salted water, according to instruction on package. Before draining, reserve about 1 cup of the starchy pasta cooking water.
- In a large frying pan over medium heat, warm the olive oil and cook the shallot and garlic for 3-5 minutes until translucent. Add the white wine and cook until it has reduced halfway.
- Add the baby kale and cook until it has wilted.
- Add shrimp, season with salt and pepper, and cook for an additional 2-3 minutes.
- Add pesto to the shrimp mixture and immediately remove from the heat.
- Add the drained pasta to the frying pan and some of the starchy water and toss the shrimp and pesto to coat. Serve.