Pasta e fagioli
15min prep time
30min cook time
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 carrot, peeled and diced
- 2 celery stalks, diced
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 540ml can cannellini beans
- 2/3 cup Stefano arrabbiata sauce
- 125 g rStefano spaghetti, broken into 3-inch pieces
- 125 gr Stefano macaroni
- 2 cups chicken stock
- Grated parmesan to garnish
- In a large deep pot, heat olive oil over medium heat and cook the onions until translucent.
- Add garlic, carrots and celery and cook for an additional 2-3 minutes. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Drain and rinse the beans. Add to the pot as well as the arrabbiata sauce. Cook covered for 20 minutes over low heat.
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil for the pasta. Salt the water and cook the broken spaghetti for 2-3 minutes before adding the macaroni and cooking for an additional 2 minutes.
- Add the drained pasta to the sauce mixture as well as the chicken stock and cook covered on low heat for 5 minutes.
- Ladle in bowls, top with grated cheese and a drizzle of good quality olive oil. Serve.