Pasta alla papalina
10min prep time
20min cook time
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil for the pasta.Salt the water and cook the pasta according to the instructions on the package. Before draining, reserve about 1 cup of the starchy pasta cooking water.
- In the meantime, heat olive oil in a large frying pan. Add onions and cook until translucent and soft. Add cooked ham and allow that to cook for an additional 2-3 minutes. Add peas and Alfredo sauce and cook until the peas soften. Season with black pepper to taste.
- Meanwhile, whisk the eggs and parmesan cheese in a small bowl. Set aside.
- Add drained pasta to the sauce and mix until the pasta is well coated and creamy, adding reserved pasta water as needed if the sauce seems dry.
- Remove from heat and add the egg and parmesan cheese mixture, mixing everything together well until the pasta is evenly coated. Season with salt and black pepper to taste.
- Serve immediately with a generous sprinkling of freshly grated black pepper and grated parmesan cheese.