15min prep time
30min cook time
- 450g ground veal
- 450g grated pecorino, parmesan or grana padano cheese
- ½ cup breadcrumbs
- 1 egg
- 800ml of Stefano Marinara sauce
- Olive oil, to taste
- Freshly grated parmesan cheese
- 1 tbsp pesto and 1 tbsp ricotta cheese per portion, to taste
- Ground black pepper, to taste
- In a large bowl, combine veal, cheese, egg and breadcrumbs. Mix delicately by hand.
- Using the mixture, prepare meatballs with diameter of about 4 cm.
- In a pot, heat the Marinara sauce.
- Gently add the meatballs to the sauce. Do not mix too much as the meatballs may break.
- Continue cooking, at low-medium heat and uncovered, for about 30 minutes.
- Taste to adjust seasoning.
- Serve meatballs as an entrée, with a dash of olive oil, sprinkling of parmesan and a tablespoon of pesto and ricotta.