2h-3hmin prep time
- 1kg mixed frozen berries, defrosted
- 100ml water
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 5 eggs
- 7 tbsp sugar
- 2 vanilla pods or 1 tbsp. vanilla extract
- 500g Stefano Faita traditional panettone, preferably a bit stale, cut into slices
- 500g mascarpone
- Large handful amaretti biscuits
- Sugar to iced
- Put the berries in a large heatproof bowl. Warm 100ml water and the 100g sugar in a pan until the sugar has melted, then turn up the heat and bubble to form a thick syrup (about 15 minutes). Pour it over the berries and set aside until it’s cold.
- For the cream, separate egg whites from yolks. Whisk egg whites in a ceramic bowl until stiff peaks form. In a separate bowl, whisk egg yolks and sugar thoroughly until combined. Add mascarpone and continue to whisk. Gently fold in the eggs whites with a metal spoon.
- Cut the panettone into thick slices over the width to have panettone rings. Put a first slice in the bottom of the bagatelle bowl, spread the mascarpone cream and then the fruits. Repeat these steps 3-4 times and leave in the fridge for 2-3 hours. Take the bagatelle dish out of the refrigerator. Crumble amaretti biscuits on top and sprinkle with powdered sugar.