45min prep time
15min cook time
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 Granny Smith apple, quartered, cored, cut into 1/2-inch-thick slices
- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/3 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup finely chopped shallots
- 1/2 cup apple cider
- 9 cups ¾ inch cubes of Stefano traditional panettone
- 1 10 to 11 ounce head of radicchio, halved, cored, thinly sliced
- 1 lb small Brussels sprouts, trimmed, quartered lengthwise
- Fresh pomegranate seeds (optional)
- Melt butter in heavy medium skillet over medium-high heat. Add apple slices and sauté until golden brown, turning occasionally, about 6 minutes. Cover; cook until very tender, about 1 minute.
- Transfer apple slices and pan juices to blender and cool. Add oil, vinegar, and shallots. Blend until smooth. Add cider, 2 tablespoons at a time, blending to pourable consistency. Season vinaigrette with salt and pepper. Cover and chill. Bring to room temperature before using.
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Spray large rimmed baking sheet with non-stick spray. Place panettone cubes on the sheet and bake until golden brown and dry to the touch. Set aside.
- Place radicchio in large bowl of water and ice. Chill at least 1 hour and up to 3 hours.
- Cook Brussels sprouts in large saucepan of boiling salted water until tender, about 7 minutes; drain. Let stand at room temperature.
- Combine croutons and Brussels sprouts in large bowl. Drain radicchio very well and add to salad. Add enough vinaigrette to coat, tossing to blend well. Transfer salad to large shallow bowl. Sprinkle with pomegranate seeds.