Shrimps with Salsa Rosa
15min prep time
20min cook time
- 4 tbsps extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 minced garlic clove
- ½ minced onion
- ½ diced carrot
- 1 tbsp minced hot peppers in oil
- 1 cup of Stefano Marinara sauce
- 1 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 1 tsp sugar
- 3-4 tbsps mayonnaise
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 3 tsps sriracha (optional)
- 20 shrimps, unpeeled (16-20)
- 2 tbsps Old Bay seasoning
- 2 tbsps olive oil
- 2 tbsps butter
- In a small pan, heat olive oil then add garlic, onion, carrot and hot peppers. Let cook for about 5 minutes.
- Add the Stefano Marinara sauce, vinegar, sugar and season with salt and pepper.
- Simmer on medium heat for 7-10 minute.
- Remove from stove and let cool.
- Place mixture in food processor with mayonnaise and sriracha. Blend until smooth.
(Note: If the sauce is too thick, add 2 to 4 tbsps hot water)
- Place shrimp and old bay in a sandwich bag and shake well so the old bay coats the shrimp.
- Heat a frying pan and add olive oil and butter.
- Once butter is melted and slightly golden, add shrimp and cook for 2-3 minutes.
Serve the shrimp with dipping sauce