Molten chocolate cake
20min prep time
9-10min cook time
- ¾ cup of 70% chocolate, broken into pieces
- ½ cup unsalted butter, room temperature
- 4 big eggs
- ¾ cup of sugar
- ¼ cup sifted all-purpose flour plus 2 Tbsp. soup
- Cocoa powder for sprinkling ramekins
- Vanilla ice cream for topping
- ½ cup chopped roasted hazelnuts for garnish
- 6 tbsp Stefano hazelnut cocoa spread
- Vanilla ice cream, for garnish
- ½ cup chopped roasted hazelnuts, for garnish
- Preheat oven to 400 °F.
- In a double boiler, gently melt chocolate and butter, and mix until well combined. Remove from heat and allow to cool slightly while you prepare the eggs.
- In a mixing bowl, combine eggs and sugar. Whisk on high speed for 15 minutes until pale and tripled in volume.
- Add chocolate and butter mixture, mixing until well combined.
- Fold in flour gently, so as not to overmix.
- Butter and dust 125 mL ramekins with cocoa powder, shaking out any excess.
- Fill ramekins halfway with cake batter, then put 1 tbsp of hazelnut cocoa spread in centre. Top with additional batter, but do not overfill.
- Place prepared ramekins on a baking sheet, and bake for 9 to 11 minutes.
- Serve while hot with vanilla ice cream and crushed hazelnuts.