Linguine in guazzetto
15min prep time
25min cook time
- 454gr Stefano linguine pasta
- 180gr skinless cod fillet (or other white fish), cut into 3-inch-wide strips
- ¼ cup olive oil, plus more for drizzling
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 tsp chili flakes
- 1 648ml jar of Stefano marinara sauce
- 3 tbsp capers
- ½ cup flat leaf parsley, chopped
- 12 basil leaves, chopped
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- In a large fryingpan, heat olive oil over medium-high heat. Add the fish, season with salt and pepper, and cook for about 3 minutes until the fish is opaque and starts to lightly brown.
- Turn the fish over, season with salt and pepper, and cook for one minute longer.
- Add the garlic and chili flakes and cook for one minute.
- Add one jar of marinara sauce and the capers and bring the mixture to a simmer. Cook until the fish begins to flake easily, 5-6 minutes.
- In the meantime, bring a large pot of water to a boil for the pasta. Salt the water and cook the pasta according to the instructions on the package. Before draining, reserve about 1 cup of the starchy pasta cooking water.
- Add the drained pasta to the frying pan and ½ cup of the reserved pasta cooking water. Toss to coat for one minute.
- Add the chopped parsley and basil and toss gently. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Serve.