Lemon and herb asparagus
5min prep time
5-10min cook time
- 2 bunches of green asparagus
- a few shavings of parmesan
- a few sprigs of parsley
- some toasted pine nuts
- the zeste of 1 lemon
- about 1-2 tbs of roasted pine nuts
- Stefano extra virgin olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- Finely chop the herbs.
- Peel the asparagus and cook for 10 to 15 minutes in a large volume of salted water. Drain and let them cool.
- Place the asparagus in a large dish. Drizzle generously with olive oil.
- Add the lemon juice, grated Parmesan, and herbs.
- Season with salt and pepper and mix everything well. Keep refrigerated for at least 1 hour.
- When ready to serve, add parmesan shavings and a few pine nuts to garnish.
Tip: You can also precook the asparagus and finish cooking in a pan by browning the asparagus or steaming them until tender.