Pairs perfectly with my Catarratto
10min prep time
25-30min cook time
- 400 g rice (Arborio, Nano, or Carnaroli)
- 400 g leeks, chopped
- 80 g butter
- 80 g olive oil
- 1 cup dry white wine
- 2 liters chicken stock
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1/3 cup 35% cream
- ¼ cup olive oil
- Grated parmesan cheese
- Salt and a lot of black pepper
- Heat 40g of butter and oil in a non-stick casserole.
- Add onions and sauté until translucide.
- Add leeks and continue cooking until soft.
- Salt the mixture to taste.
- Add rice and sauté until well coated (about 1 minute).
- Deglaze with white wine and cook until the mixture is almost dry.
- Add one ladle of stock at a time. Stir regularly until the stock is completely reduced. Do not add too much stock at once; rice should not be drowning in liquid.
- Repeat the procedure until the rice is tender yet still firm. The cooking should take approx. 20 minutes.
- Remove from heat and mix in the rest of the butter, cream, and a lot of fresh black pepper.
- Serve immediately.