15min prep time
50min cook time
- 2 large eggplants (about 2 pounds), peeled and cut into 2-inch cubes
- 3/4 cup olive oil
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 648ml jar of Stefano tomato basil sauce
- 1 1/2 cups canned chickpeas, drained
- 1 tsp ground cayenne pepper
- 2 tbsp paprika
- 1 tbsp dried mint
- 1 cup of water
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 400 Fahrenheit.
- Toss eggplant in olive oil and arrange on a sheet pan. Roast until tender and browned, about 20-30 minutes.
- In a large saucepan, heat 3 tbsp olive oil on medium heat and cook onions until translucent and lightly browned, about 10 minutes. Add the garlic and cook for an additional 2 minutes. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Add 1 jar of tomato basil sauce, eggplant, chickpeas, paprika, cayenne pepper, dried mint, and water. Bring to a simmer, cover and cook for about 20 minutes. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve on a platter with warm pita bread.