Italian-style pork ribs
25min prep time
2.5min cook time
- 1.5kg pork ribs (trimmed, membrane removed)
- 1 648ml jar of Stefano arrabbiata sauce
For the dry marinade:
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 4 garlic cloves, peeled and minced
- 2 tbsp chopped sage
- 2 tbsp chopped rosemary
- 1 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tbsp salt
- Combine all the marinade ingredients together and coat both sides of the ribs. Cover the ribs with plastic wrap and let rest for at least 2 hours in the refrigerator (or overnight, if possible).
- Place marinated ribs in a double layer of aluminum foil. Brush the ribs with the sauce and wrap as tightly as possible.
- In a 300 °F (150 °C) preheated oven, bake the ribs on a sheet pan for about 2 hours.
- Remove the ribs from the oven. The meat should be tender when pierced with the tip of a knife and should pull away lightly from the bone. Let cool, without removing from the foil, to avoid drying out.
- Heat barbecue at a low temperature.
- At grilling, remove excess sauce and keep for basting during cooking.
- Grill ribs for 15 minutes, turning them over every 5 minutes and basting regularly with the sauce. Ribs are done when they are lightly charred on both sides
Tip: Remove the whitish membrane that covers the meat of the ribs on the side where the bones are most visible. This step will help keep the meat tender during cooking. The ribs can also be cooked in the oven a day earlier and kept in the refrigerator until grilling.