Italian style jambalaya
15min prep time
30min cook time
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 lbs of Stefano spicy italian sausages
- 3 cups uncooked long grain rice ( basmati )
- 3 bell peppers ( red , yellow , green ) julienned
- 4 cloves of garlic minced
- 1 large onion chopped
- 3 tbsp Cajun spice
- 5 cups chicken stock
- 1 648ml jar of Stefano Arrabbiata sauce
- 1 lbs shrimps ( deveined )
- 4 tbsp finely chopped chives ( finishing )
- In a large pot over medium high heat , heat the oil until shimmering . Add the Stefano spicy
- Italian sausages and cook turning them often until they are cooked through this process should take anywhere between 10-12 mins. Transfer the sausages to a plate and tent with foil.
- Add rice , onion, and peppers to the pot where sausages where seared , and cook . Scrape off any brown fond until rice is opaque and the onions are translucent about 10 minutes. Add the garlic the spice mix and let this cook another minute .
- Stir in the stock , the Stefano brand arrabbiata sauce , bring to a boil turn down the heat cover and simmer for 10 minutes .
- Meanwhile , slice the sausages . Add sausages and shrimp to the pot and cook for another 10 minutes on low until shrimps are cooked and rice is tender .
- Serve in a bowl individual or plated and sprinkle the finely chopped chives .
- This recipe makes enough for 8-12 ppl. It is definitely perfect for a crowd and receiving . You can definitely halve the recipe it translates well.