Italian sausage sub
5min prep time
20min cook time
- 2 Italian style submarine buns
- 2 Stefano Italian sausages (classic or spicy)
- 2 cups iceberg lettuce, finely chopped
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 4 tsp red wine vinegar
- Salt, pepper and dried oregano
- 1 large tomato, thinly sliced
- 1 white onion, thinly sliced
- Store bought pickled vegetables (giardiniera), finely chopped
- Provolone cheese, sliced (optional)
- Cut your submarine buns in half.
- Cook your sausages in the oven or on the grill as directed on the package.
- Meanwhile, season the iceberg lettuce with olive oil, vinegar, salt, pepper and oregano.
- Once cooked, it’s time to assemble your sandwich. Place the sliced provolone cheese in the buns, top with the sausage and garnish with iceberg, onions, tomatoes and marinated vegetables.