Italian sausage stuffed peppers
30min prep time
20min cook time
- 1 lb of Stefano mild sausages, removed from casing and crumbled
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 635ml jar of Stefano sausage and mushroom sauce
- 1 cup cooked rice
- salt & freshly ground pepper (to taste)
- 4 large peppers (green, red, yellow or orange), tops cut off and cleaned out
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- Fresh basil, for garnish
- Sauté sausage and onion until browned. Add garlic and sauté for 3 minutes.
- Stir in tomato sauce, simmer for 5 minutes. Stir in rice and season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Parboil the peppers and drain well.
- Stuff sausage and rice mixture into the hollowed-out peppers. Place inside lightly greased muffin pan and sprinkle with mozzarella cheese. Garnish with fresh basil, if desired.
- Bake at 350 degrees F. for 25-30 minutes, or until peppers are tender.