Italian meatball sub
5min prep time
20min cook time
- In a saucepan, heat the sauce over medium heat until simmering.
- Add meatballs to the saucepan and cook for 20-22 minutes, covered.
- Once the meatballs are cooked, prepare the buns. Split each submarine bun in half lengthwise, careful not to cut all the way through. Spread each side with garlic butter. Sprinkle each with parmesan cheese, reserving some for later.
- Put the buns on a parchment lined sheet pan and broil just until golden brown. Remove from the oven.
- Remove the meatballs from the sauce and cut each in half. Place 3 meatball halves on each bun, cut side down. Spoon sauce over each meatball sub and top with a sprinkling of the remaining parmesan cheese. Top with provolone cheese and place back in the oven to broil until the cheese has melted and is golden. Serve.