Hazelnut cocoa crinkle cookies
20min prep time
12min cook time
- 1 cup bittersweet chocolate
- 8 tbsp Stefano hazelnut cocoa spread
- 1 ¼ cup all-purpose flour
- 2/3 cup cacao powder
- 1 ½ tsp baking powder
- 4 ½ tbsp unsalted butter
- 1 packed cup brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ½ cup 3.25% milk
- 1/3 cup toasted hazelnuts, crushed
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup pre-sifted icing sugar
- Preheat the oven to 350F.
- In a small bowl, melt the chocolate with 3 ½ tbsp hazelnut cocoa spread.
- Mix flour, cacao powder and baking powder together and set aside.
- In a bowl of a stand mixer fitted with a paddle attachment cream butter, sugar and hazelnut cocoa spread for 3-5 minutes, until light and well combined.
- Add eggs, one at a time, mixing for 1 minute after each addition.
- Add vanilla and melted chocolate mixture and mix until well combined, stopping to scrape down the sides as needed.
- Alternating between the dry ingredients and the milk, add 1/3 of the flour, mix just until combined before adding 1/3 of the milk. Repeat until all of the flour and milk has been added and the dough is well combined.
- Fold in chopped hazelnuts by hand.
- Refrigerate the cookie dough for at least 2-3 hours, or overnight.
- Using a 1-inch ice cream scoop, form balls with the dough and roll each in granulated sugar first, followed by icing sugar.
- Put the cookies on a parchment lined baking sheet and bake for 12-14 minutes. Cool on a wire rack.
- Cookies may be stored in an airtight container for 5 days or stored in the freezer for 1 month.