Pesto alla Genovese
15min prep time
- 500 ml (2 cups) fresh basil leaves, tightly packed
- 80 ml (1/3 cup) pine nuts
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 125 ml (½ cup) Parmesan cheese, freshly grated
- 125 ml (½ cup) Stefano extra-virgin olive oil
- Salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
- Place the basil leaves and pine nuts into the bowl of a food processor. Pulse several times.
- Add the garlic and cheese. Pulse several times. Scrape down the sides of the bowl with a spatula and pulse again.
- While the food processor is running, add the olive oil in a steady, slow stream until the mixture is creamy, but still slightly grainy.
- Scrape down the sides of the bowl and season with salt and pepper to taste.