Fennel, orange and arugula salad
15min prep time
10min cook time
- 2 to 3 fennel bulbs (depending on size)
- 2 to 3 oranges (depending on size)
- 3 tbsps extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 1 small red onion, finely sliced
- 2 big handfuls of arugula
- Pinch of sea salt
Using a mandolin or sharp knife, thinly slice the fennel.
Working over a salad bowl to recuperate any juices, cut the oranges into segments : remove skin and white membranes from oranges using a sharp knife. Then, slide the blade into the orange sections, following the membranes, to keep the pulpy portions whole. These are the segments.
In the same salad bowl, add the olive oil and vinegar, whisking until the dressing is well emulsified.
Add the fennel, onion, orange segments and the arugula. Gently toss, add a pinch of sea salt and serve immediately.