Egg and spinach bruschetta
15min prep time
25-30min cook time
- 60 g unsalted butter
- 1 kg baby spinach
- 100 g grated parmesan
- 6 slices of country bread
- 6 eggs
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Olive oil
- Truffle oil (optional)
- Preheat oven to 375 ºF.
- Grease the bottom of a cookie sheet with some butter.
- Blanch the spinach for 3 to 5 minutes in a small quantity of salted water.
- Drain spinach in a sieve and wring out excess moisture using a clean kitchen towel.
- Melt the remaining butter in a frying pan and sauté the spinach for 8 to 10 minutes.
- Before removing the pan from the heat, add half of the parmesan and combine well.
- Place the slices of bread onto the cookie sheet and place equal amounts of spinach mix on top of each one.
- For each slice, make a small well in the spinach mixture and crack an egg into the hole.
- Season with salt and pepper. Sprinkle the remaining parmesan over each slice.
- Bake in oven for 10 to 15 minutes, until the egg whites have cooked.
- Garnish with a drizzle of olive oil and serve.
- P.S. For a refined touch, drizzle the finished bruschetta with a drizzle of truffle oil.