5min prep time
10min cook time
- 1 cup Stefano Alfredo sauce
- 8 slices sandwich bread
- 4 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 8 slices French ham
- 1 ½ cups shredded Gruyère cheese
- Freshly ground pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 400°F.
- On a parchment lined baking sheet, arrange 4 slices of bread and spread each with a tablespoon of Dijon mustard.
- Spread alfredo sauce on top of the mustard, dividing evenly and extending all the way to the edges.
- Top with ham and half of the Gruyère cheese.
- Top with the remaining slices of bread, more alfredo sauce, and sprinkle the remaining cheese on top. Season with freshly ground pepper to taste.
- Bake the sandwiches until the cheese is bubbling and brown, approximately 10-15 minutes.
- Serve with a fresh side salad, and if desired, top each baked croque-monsieur with a fried egg.