Creamy turkey linguine
15min prep time
25min cook time
- 450g of ground turkey ( white meat only )
- 1/4 cup plus 1 tbsp olive oil
- Sea salt to taste
- Freshly ground pepper to taste
- 454g of Stefano linguine pasta
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 8 ounces mixed mushrooms ( white , Cremini )
- 2 packed cups of spinach
- 1/4 cup freshly grated Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese
- 1 405ml jar of Stefano Alfredo sauce
- Season the ground turkey with sea salt and freshly ground pepper. In a small pan, heat 1 tablespoon of the extra-virgin olive oil over medium high heat. Add the turkey and cook for 8 minutes approximately and break up so to make sure it’s loose and well browned . Remove from pan and set aside on a plate with absorbing paper .
- Meanwhile, in a large pot of boiling salted water, cook the pasta according to package directions.
- In a large frying pan, heat the remaining 1/4 cup of olive oil over medium high heat.
- Add the onion and cook for 5 minutes, or until it just starts to brown. Add the garlic and cook for 30 seconds. Add the mushrooms and cook until they are soft and browned, about 10 minutes. Add the spinach and cook for 1 minute, until it starts to wilt.
- Add the pasta and the ground turkey to the pan and toss to coat. Stir in the Stefano brand Alfredo sauce bring to a simmer then off heat add Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese. Season generously with sea salt and freshly ground pepper.