Creamy salmon with fresh herbs
20min prep time
30min cook time
- 4 150g salmon filets
- Canola oil, for frying
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1 large shallot, sliced finely
- 4 tbsp roughly chopped herbs (parsley, basil, thyme)
- 60 g smoked salmon
- 3 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil, plus extra for salmon
- 1 1/2 tbsp shallots, diced
- 2 tbsp frozen peas
- 1/2 440ml jar of Stefano Alfredo sauce
- 1 tsp chopped parsley
- Let salmon rest at room temperature.
- Fill medium saucepan with canola oil, about 4 inches high. Heat (shallot should sizzle when touches oil). Lightly flour the sliced shallop and fry small amount at a time not to overcrowd the pot. When golden brown, remove from oil and lay on paper towels (to absorb excess oil) and salt. Set aside.
- Wash and dry herbs. Roughly chop and set aside.
- Cut smoked salmon into small pieces.
- In a sautée pan, on medium heat, add 1 tbsp of olive oil. Once oil is hot, add 6. 1 1/2 tbsp diced shallot and let cook until golden.
- Add peas and smoked salmon to the shallots. Stir.
- Add Alfredo sauce to the mix. Simmer until mixture comes together, on medium-low heat for a few minutes.
- 9.Turn off heat and add the mixed herbs. Set sauce aside.
- Preheat large sautée pan with 2 tbsp olive oil on medium heat.
- Coat salmon with salt and olive oil. Place in preheated pan and increase heat to high.
- Cook for 3 minutes. Turn over and cook for an additional 3 minutes
- Poor the sauce on each plate and place the cooked salmon fillets on it. Garnish with fried shallots.