Creamy salmon with fresh herbs
20min prep time
30min cook time
- 4 150g salmon filets
- Canola oil, for frying
- 1 large shallot, sliced finely
- 4 tbsp roughly chopped herbs (parsley, basil, thyme)
- 60 g smoked salmon
- 3 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil, plus extra for salmon
- 1 1/2 tbsp shallots, diced
- 2 tbsp frozen peas
- 1/2 440ml jar of Stefano Alfredo sauce
- 1 tsp chopped parsley
- Let salmon rest at room temperature.
- Fill medium saucepan with canola oil, about 4 inches high. Heat (shallot should sizzle when touches oil). Fry the large sliced shallot (garnish) in oil. Do so in small batches, not to overcrowd the pot. When golden brown, remove from oil and lay on paper towels (to absorb excess oil) and salt. Set aside.
- Wash and dry herbs. Roughly chop and set aside.
- Cut smoked salmon into small pieces.
- In a sautée pan, on medium heat, add 1 tbsp of olive oil. Once oil is hot, add 6. 1 1/2 tbsp diced shallot and let cook until golden.
- Add peas and smoked salmon to the shallots. Stir.
- Add Alfredo sauce to the mix. Simmer until mixture comes together, on medium-low heat for a few minutes.
- 9.Turn off heat and add the mixed herbs. Set sauce aside.
- Preheat large sautée pan with 2 tbsp olive oil on medium heat.
- Coat salmon with salt and olive oil. Place in preheated pan and increase heat to high.
- Cook for 3 minutes. Turn over and cook for an additional 3 minutes
- Poor the sauce on each plate and place the cooked salmon fillets on it. Garnish with fried shallots.