Creamy cauliflower Quinoa
10min prep time
20min cook time
- 1 jar Stefano vegan bolognaise sauce
- 1 large cauliflower cut into florets
- 400 ml (1 ¾ cups) coconut milk
- 250 ml (1 cup )quinoa
- 1 small bunch italian parsley, chopped
- 1 medium red onion, thinly sliced
- 60 ml (¼ cup) rice wine vinegar
- 1 fresh red chili pepper (optional)
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- In a large frying pan on medium heat, add the contents of 1 jar of Stefano vegan bolognese sauce and bring to a simmer for 2-3 minutes.
- Add coconut milk and let simmer for another 2-3 minutes before adding cauliflower florets. Simmer, uncovered, for 15-20 minutes until the cauliflower is tender but not mushy. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Meanwhile, add 2 cups of cold water to a pot and 1 cup of quinoa and bring this to a simmer. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Cover and cook the quinoa for 15-18 minutes. Once it is cooked turn off the heat, remove the lid, and cover the pot with a clean kitchen cloth to absorb the steam. This will guarantee a fluffier quinoa.
- While the cauliflower and quinoa are cooking, quickly pickle the onions by putting them in a small bowl and covering them with rice wine vinegar. Set them aside for at least 20 minutes until ready to use.
- In a medium size serving bowl add ¾ cup to 1 cup of cooked quinoa, 2-3 good spoonfuls of cauliflower mixture and sauce, and garnish with pickled onions, chopped parsley and sliced fresh chilies if desired. Serve hot or warm