Cioppino (seafood soup)
30min prep time
30min cook time
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 12 ounces halibut, trimmed and cut into 2-inch pieces
- A pinch of salt
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 100 ml dry white wine
- 1 648ml jar of Stefano Marinara sauce
- 1/2 tsp pepperoncino flakes
- 2 dozen littleneck clams, scrubbed
- 2 lb mussels, scrubbed
- 1 lb large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh Italian parsley
- Pour olive oil into large pot over medium-high heat.
- Slip the halibut into oil, season with salt and brown on all sides, about 3-4 minutes in all. Remove halibut onto a plate.
- Add the garlic to the pot. Cook, stirring occasionally, until garlic is softened, about 5 minutes. Add white wine and cook until the wine is reduced by half.
- Add the Stefano Faita Marinara sauce. Sprinkle in the pepperoncino and continue to let simmer for 5 minutes.
- Return the fish to the pot and cook for 2 minutes.
- Add the clams, cover the pot, and simmer until the clams begin to open, about 4-5 minutes.
- Add the mussels, cover and cook until they begin to open, another 2 minutes.
- Finally, add the shrimp. Simmer, uncovered, until the shrimp are just cooked through, about 4-5 minutes.
- Stir in parsley and serve in warm bowls.