asparagus saffron farfalle
15min prep time
20min cook time
- 1 bunch asparagus
- 1 packet of saffron
- 1 cup 35% cream
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 150g julienne pancetta
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 454g of Stefano farfalle pasta
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Grated pecorino, to garnish
- Blanch asparagus for 3 minutes and cut spears into pieces. Set aside.
- In a bowl, add saffron to cream while mixing. Set aside.
- In a large frying pan, heat olive oil and cook pancetta until golden and crispy, about 5 minutes. Add garlic and cook for 2 minutes.
- Add the saffron cream to the pancetta and let reduce halfway, over medium heat.
- In the meantime, cook pasta in boiling salted water, according to instruction on package.
- When the sauce has sufficiently reduced, add the asparagus and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Incorporate the cooked pasta with the sauce, combining well.
- To serve: garnish with the grated pecorino cheese.