Amarena cherry biscotti
10min prep time
40min cook time
- 500 ml (2 cups) all-purpose flour
- 10 ml (2 tsp) baking powder
- 160 ml (⅔ cup) pistachios, coarsely chopped
- 180 ml (¾ cup)
- 2 large eggs
- 80 ml (⅓ cup) unsalted butter, melted
- 10 ml (2 tsp) vanilla extract
- 1 lemon, zest
- 180 ml (¾ cup) Amarena cherries, drained and chopped
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 30 ml (2 tbsp) sugar
- Preheat the oven to 350 °F
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, baking powder and pistachios. Mix well.
- In another bowl, whisk together the ¾ cup of sugar, eggs, butter, vanilla extract and, lemon zest.
- Add the butter mixture to the dry ingredients and stir until well combined.
- Fold in the cherries. Divide the dough into two. On a clean work surface, roll each half into a 12-inch log. Dust hands with flour if needed.
- Transfer the logs to the baking sheet. Gently flatten the logs and brush them with the beaten egg. Sprinkle with the 2 tbsp of sugar.
- Bake in the oven for 25 minutes. Remove and let cool for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Lower heat of the oven to 300 °F.
- Transfer the logs to a cutting board and slice them into ½-inch biscotti.
- Return the biscotti to the baking sheet, cut side down, and bake for another 15 minutes.
- Once baked, remove from the oven, let cool, and serve.