Alsatian inspired cheese and sausage tart
20min prep time
30min cook time
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 medium onion, thinly sliced
- 3 Stefano sausages of your choice, casings removed and crumbled
- 1 puff pastry sheet 10 x 10 (from a 400g package), thawed
- 1 cup Stefano Alfredo sauce
- 1/8 tsp grated nutmeg
- ½ tsp of chopped fresh thyme
- ¾ cup shredded gruyere cheese
- 1 ½ tbsp finely chopped chives
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- Preheat the oven to 400°F.
- In a medium frying pan over medium heat, add olive oil and cook the onions until translucent and lightly golden. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- On a lightly floured surface, unfold the puff pastry and roll out, if needed. Transfer to a large baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Spread alfredo sauce evenly over pastry, leaving a 1-inch border all around. Sprinkle with nutmeg and thyme. Season with freshly grated black pepper if desired.
- Scatter crumbled sausage and cooked onion on top, then sprinkle with gruyere cheese. Bake until pastry is golden brown, from 25 to 30 minutes.
- Garnish with chives and cut into squares. Serve warm with a salad of your choice.